Friday, October 24, 2014

Sticky Notes: Best Adhesive Aide

First off, Thanks to my fellow Diabuddies Heather & Jennifer for sending me samples of IV Prep & SkinTac to try!

Background: I've had so much trouble with my sites staying in tact for 2-3 days! I am lucky to get a day out of my sites. I was getting so frustrated. My fellow diabetic Heather suggested IV Prep for me so she sent me some samples of IV Prep & also SkinTac. Then my other friend Jennifer sent me some off brand IV preps too. It has been 2 site changes (3 after this blog is posted :D). I did one change using IV Prep & my last with SkinTac.

I'm going to give you my impressions of each & which one is worth the extra $$! I'm grading them as 1 (poor)-10 (excellent) on Stickiness, ease of application (I'm labeling this EOA), quality & reliability.

First up is IV:

The IV is popular in the groups I admin on FB & did good for me. It was easy to apply, but at the end on my first day, my site was already peeling a bit (not much)

Stickiness: 5/10
EOA:  9/10
Quality: 8.5/10
Reliability: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

SkinTac:

SkinTac was a stickifest! by the time I was done I was a sticky mess, but in the end, SkinTac held up very (& surprisingly well). I had a blonde moment & thought it was like a alcohol swab...IT'S NOT! I was super sticky afterwards.

Stickiness: 10/10
EOA: 7/10 (after 1st use it'll be easier)
Quality: 9/5/10
Reliability: 10/10
Overall: 9/10

THE WINNER IS SKINTAC! Yes it is very sticky, but it will keep your site in place for days!

TIPS:
-If you start using SkinTac have the following handy:
    `Latex Gloves--Your hand(s) will be super sticky & will drive you batty
    `Unisolve or something that helps you remove your site easily. JUST in case it is painful.

Let me know which you prefer if either!

No comments:

Post a Comment