Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Derailed

I have been a T1D for almost 9 years now & it seems to never get easier. I never know what ti expect. I'm doing good one day & the next I feel like a train wreck. My "train wreck" is more emotional then physical. Due to my diabetes, my entire persona has changed. By that I mean the way I am as a human being has been drastically altered. I can even remember when my metamorphosis started to take over. I was dxd [medical term for diagnosed] when I was 12. I was just an innocent kid who was loving life. I used to love to go places because of FOOD! (If you're a non diabetic & reading this, NO, MY LOVE FOR FOOD DID NOT CAUSE MY DIABETES--MISCONCEPTION!). Maybe 6 mo after my diagnosis, I felt very tired & felt like I've lost my best friend (still feel the tired part today). Here I am almost 9 years later & I am still living & standing tall. If you're train gets derailed, you can put it back on track. Just have patience & TEST TEST TEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment