Sunday, October 12, 2014

Burn Out: What & Why?

I posted about this in my old blog, but since I'm using this permanently I thought I would post again.
 Burn-Out is when a diabetic goes out of control with their diabetes & starts not taking their bg, insulin etc & doesn't care. For me, I get twice a year. Usually towards the end of each semester of college: I'm tired (in all aspects) & just shut my brain off for about 2 weeks.  Usually I rebound & am good to go. It's like a internal vacation. Usually those who "love & care about you" are breathing down our neck. You know you're not yourself when it doesn't phase you. Burn Out can be a good thing as it let's you escape the disease for a time & lets you gather yourself. The important thing is, don't be gone too long or you can end up regretting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment