Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tandem Diabetes T-slim Insulin Pump Simulation App demo & Review

My latest video, Tandem Diabetes T-slim Insulin Pump Simulation App demo & Review



I posted this entry last week as just the link to my video (feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel! :)). I figured I would do a review of he Tandem Diabetes T-slim Insulin Pump Simulation Application for IPhone/IPod/IP
ad. I will do the pros & cons & overall impression. So let's get started!

*I do not work for Tandem Diabetes in any capacity.*

PROS:

  1. It lets you get familiar with the T:Slim pump. 
    1. I am eagerly awaiting my T:Slim Insulin Pump! Between this app & watching mommadukes67 channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuX-mG5upSFjAmQ1RS54KXg). I am very, VERY familiar with the T:Slim Insulin Pump, well the interface at least. 
  2. No lags or bugs.
    1. With the actual T:Slim Pump, if you touch a part of the screen three times, it will lock on you. Say I am in the Bolus menu, & I touch the "view calculations"section three times (maybe I didn't think the touch screen registered my touch gestures). It will lock. All this means is that it will go to sleep like a smart phone.
    2. Don't worry, you'll be right where you left off. 

CONS: Only 1!

  1. The only con I have about this application is that it lacks features. 
    1. I think they should include a simulation of changing the pump. Basically the app could be used to help one learn how to use & change a T:Slim Pump. 

Overall, the Tandem Diabetes T-slim Insulin Pump Simulation App is very handy & I recommend it to anyone who is tempted to switch of start pumping with the T:Slim. 

4/5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment