Thursday, May 14, 2015

Changed ~ Thursday's Dblog Entry


Today's questions: are there any changes, as far as your diabetes is concerned, that you need to make?The other question have you made any changes, as far as your diabetes is concerned, that others would be shocked to know?

For me, the answer to the first question is yes. Having diabetes means you will have to make a lot of changes. May you be newly diagnosed or 50+ years strong, you will have to make changes. Every time I go to my endocrinologist, I always have to make some slight changes.

The changes I have made are in my eating habits. I eat in moderation. I used to eat on how hungry I was (bad idea). Now, I still eat the stuff I enjoy, but I eat smarter. After my scare last week when my blood sugar got to over 600 mg/dl, I buckled down even more. I am at the point where I am not as hungry as I used to be. I do eat healthy from time-to-time, but I have to be in the mood for it. I have to be in the mood for a salad in order to eat it.

Are there any changes that my family & friends are shocked about? I am very open about my diabetes. I feel that I can spread awareness by telling of the thing i go through (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9uEuovmv2Y). Copy & paste the link to see my video about my diabetic life: my daily routine. My family & friends are shocked at how well I manage my diabetes. Yes, I go through periods that test me (on the brink of burnout - see burnout blog entry), but like I have said numerous times, I do not want to end up in bad shape in later years. Over the years I have received a lot of positive feedback about my diabetes management. No, I am not perfect, but I try my very best.

I'd love to hear from you! Leave comments below & tell me about your "changes". Have a great day. Remember, Test Don't Guess!

2 comments:

  1. Taylor-- Sounds like your thinking is right on. It's not about denial... It's about being aware of what we're doing/eating. I try to remember to eat to sustain, rather than eat to satisfy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete