Thursday, April 16, 2015

Can There be A Perfect Diabetic?

Is there such thing? Everyone has their opinions as how to manage their Diabetes. You're only as good as you let yourself think you are. Every diabetic manages his/her diabetes differently, but no one is "perfect". To be close to perfect, though, can be achieved. The best way a diabetic can be on top of their diabetes is to do what Carol Cluka, a very awesome diabuddy (diabetic buddy) says, "Test, Don't Guess". Even if you are newly diagnosed, testing your blood sugar levels at least before meals & bedtime can do so much. When I was first diagnosed in '06, my pediatric endocrinologist had me checking my levels about 9 times a day (depending on my eating schedule). To this day, I do EVERYTHING my adult endocrinologist says, and if I disagree with something, we discuss what I'm comfortable with & go from there.
Now back to my question, Can there be a perfect diabetic? like I said, no one is perfect, but giving this disease everything you have. at the end of the day, you know you gave it your all. Yes, you'll have days where you have been hit by a truck multiple times,  but knowing you tried your best may help that feeling dim. As I leave you, I want you ti know that you're not alone. The days where you feel horrid, just know, you're not alone. There are a lot of people feeling the exact same way.

Stay strong. carry on

No comments:

Post a Comment