Monday, November 30, 2015

Finals & Diabetes













Today's entry is about something I thought of today: How to manage Diabetes during Finals week at college or SOLs/SATs. I’ve been A type 1 diabetic since age 12, so I got to deal with all the above while managing my diabetes.

The most important thing to do during this hectic period of time is to watch your blood glucose levels like a hawk. I test quite a lot currently, but I check probably 9 times a day during these stressful times. The stress & worry of upcoming finals or whatever can cause your levels to elevate. Just make sure you check, check, check & correct accordingly & try not to stress if possible.


Next suggestion is to watch what you eat. No, not a diet. Just don’t eat too much or too frequently, because there’s nothing more agonizing than trying to study while feeling sluggish & tired. Either eat lighter or spread your meals & snacks apart.

The last thing I do (depends on your religious affiliation) is pray. I am very religious & I pray about everything that goes wrong in my life & let God handle it.

When it comes to the day/s of the finals or SOLs/SATs, make sure to test before you start the exam & have water & a low BG snack just in case & be vocal with your professors.
I hope this blog has helped & good luck on your upcoming exams!

You can hear this in audio format by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment