Saturday, October 24, 2015

Livongo In Touch Blood Glucose Meter In-Depth Review

Last week I (FINALLY) received my In Touch meter by Livongo health that I had been very anxious for. i posted an unboxing/Initial review video which you can watch here. This video is about the meter & all the goodies that came with it. I will leave no stone unturned! I will be giving my review (opinion) on every  undividual item & the pros/cons & a 1 (worst) to 5 (best) rating. So let us begin! I will not include the control solution or lancets.

packaging impressions

The packaging of the meter was nicely done. It felt like I was opening an Apple product. No Pros/cons here.
RATING: 5/5

Carrying Case

The carrying case is the standard black case. It has a lot of room in it [for me anyway]. I could even fit an insulin vial in it! I'm not one who likes designed cases, so I like this case. I liked the compartments where the lancing device, strips & meter goes. However, the place where the lancing device goes had to be stretched before it would fit. It took 5 days to get that darn pricker in there!

PROS:
~ Roomy
~ Easy to maneuver. 

CONS:
~ Lancing device place.

RATING: 4.7/5

Lancing Device

The worst component of this meter was its lancing device (AKA pricker). This this was rubbish! The pricker is designed to auto-eject lancets to avoid accidental puncture. I tested it out & it ejected nicely, but got stuck & would not go back in so I had to throw it away :,(. So now I have 3 boxes of lancets I cannot use.  I got the Fastclix so I am happy. I LOVE the Fastclix. Very well designed device.

RATING: 0/5 (5/5 for Fastclix)

TEST STRIPS

BOTTLE:
I like the bottle the strips come in. Very sturdy. 
STRIPS:
I love the strips size. I always have trouble grabbing strips out of tiny bottles. So the extra room in the bottle & bigger (length wise) strips makes it easier to obtain them. My only (minor) complaint is that they came in a better sorted variety of colors.  The strips come in different colors. I would like to see a cyan or red strip. & I tend to get the same 2-3 colors in every vial of strips.  I have had very few strip errors (Knock on wood!)

RATING (Bottle): 5/5
RATING (Strips): 4.9/5

MYLIVONGO SOFTWARE

I love the customer service! Always nice & helpful. The software is easy to use.
RATING: Customer Service: 5/5
Software: 4.8/5

Livongo Health has pretty decent customer service reps. All the ons I've dealt with were nice & considerate. 

RATING: 5/5

 

UPDATE 2 (4/27/16): I found out that Livongo is no longer offering the $25/month deal. Their statement can be found HERE. The statement says:
"Thanks for your interest in our Early Access Program. We are no longer accepting new applicants to our program at this time.". 
Sorry for the hype on this & the other article. I suggest if you are really interested in this meter to put your e-mail address down.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for sharing this blog, it is very informative and useful,
    Dr. Morepen Glucometer comes from the store house of Dr. Morepen that ensures you high level of efficiency. It is one of the fastest meters in the market, minimizing the time that people with diabetes need to spend on blood glucose testing to get accurate results.

    ReplyDelete