Friday, December 5, 2014

HO-HO-HO WOW I'm Low!

Low Blood sugars are the worst, especially during the holidays, when you are trying to enjoy time with loved ones. I am going to tell you about a low episode that changed mt life, enjoy :)!

It was Christmas eve 2005 that it happened. I awoke at 3:00 am feeling very weak & sweaty. I checked my blood sugar & it was 45! As I was going to the kitchen to find me a snack to treat my low, I heard the ornaments on our Christmas tree clacking together as if someone was fooling with the tree. I thought my ears were playing tricks on me since I was so low. Well, then I saw a shadow go from our living room (where the tree was) to the dinning room. So off after it I went. When I got to the dinning room there he was, Santa! After I composed myself, Santa knew I was diabetic & asked me how I was doing. I said that I was low so he offered to share the cookies I had laid out for him before bed & he even let me have the glass of milk. He then let me go riding on his sleigh. We rode til sunrise. I loved Rudolph the most.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM.... I woke up & to my surprise I was the number I was in my dream! I went to eat a snack & I noticed the cookies were gone & my coat was where I put after my time with Santa! Was it a dream or am I that low? You decide! Comment below!

Hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed typing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment